Monday, January 7, 2013

Invest in Others – be a mentor -


Invest in Othersbe a mentor - assist others without expecting anything in return.  In 2012, I again expanded my mentorship role and built upon my willingness to assist others succeed.

Isn’t it rewarding to see someone find a job, get a promotion, or be the best they can be?

It is our role to pass (not impose) along our experiences --- the good and the bad.

Over the past three years, I have been assisting my LinkedIn contacts find Charlotte job openings. The job market has not changed for the better – yet.
During this time, I have become a mentor to several of my valued contacts and provide mock interviews for those that need to sharpen their skills.

Why not help someone find work?

Why not create a new business and bring others with you?

Why not seek opportunities with others --- you never know where it might lead?
 
“If you want happiness for an hour – take a nap.”
“If you want happiness for a day – go to the beach”
“If you want happiness for a lifetime – help someone else”
Chinese Proverb

Invest in others and believe in them.
 
 
“Wouldn’t it be better for the human spirit and for the soul of this nation to encourage people to accept more responsibility to care for each other rather than leaving those tasks to paid bureaucrats?”  Ronald Reagan
 

No comments: