Friday, October 14, 2011

Townhome

The townhomes we looked at were in a great location! A townhome is a great way to go if you’re ready to escape the apartment-style living but not quite ready to tackle a freestanding house. It was nice that the bedrooms were upstairs, separate from the living space. I’m not one for yard work but I love having that outdoor space. These townhomes were a great solution with a small, low-maintenance outdoor patio.

Pros:
No one above or below you
More than one floor with living space on the first floor
Front porch and/or patio
Parking right at your door or attached garage
Minimal-to- no yard work
Pool & fitness (depending on the community)

Cons:
People on both sides

While I love the house I rent (a very small bungalow), I understand the appeal to purchase a townhome or condo. There are many great amenities that can be available with little to no maintenance on the property. It’s definitely something for me to consider in my next step.

No comments: