Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Social Networking

“Social networking is how we connect with people.”

“People are "pulled" into social networks via technology (e.g., I was "friended"), but people join communities of interest by choice.”

“Taking this principle to the real world, we can see that a focused community of interest with 300 people who love fly fishing will be far more engaged and monetizable than a Facebook page with 10,000 vague "likes.”

“In 2011 we will see that quality of engagement delivered in aggregated communities of interest will trump quantity of impressions delivered in one humungous "social network."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

David, I agree with you. That is why I have switched to Google Plus. With Circles I can classify people depending on their interest. I have a hiking, politics, building, etc.. It is much more engaging and helpful.