Friday, March 4, 2011

Social Networking – Marketing Fundamentals – Part II

This post is the second in a series on social media marketing from a non-professional social marketer. It seems to me that anyone posting a discussion item on “How To” should have experience in the area of discussion. I can certainly tell you how to buy and sell land for a profit, but I can’t really tell you the best way to use social media. In fact, I am not sure there is an expert out there – maybe someone that uses social media outlets 24/7. I did find a list of fundamentals of social networking that might help you in your efforts.

Linking – it is reasonable to assume that your efforts can be linked to all of your networking groups. I do promote some of my blog posts on LinkedIn. I should be sending out an enewsletter to my sphere of influence. I have started to seek guest bloggers and in return post certain posts on other blogs.

Relationship Building – social networking such as LinkedIn allows you to promote your connections and build on your relationships of mutual interest. Continue to connect with your contacts. I have started to ask “How can I help you?” You need to continue your social networking efforts on a consistent and continuous basis.

If you should wish to know more about my LinkedIn approach and successes in building contact relationships, please let me know. If anyone has an approach for Facebook, please include a comment.

No comments: