Tuesday, March 16, 2010

North Carolina Recession Ends in 2010 !

According to UNCC's economist John Connaughton, North Carolina's economy should grow in 2010 as reported in today's Charlotte Business Journal.

http://bit.ly/91dNHt

That is great news!! But really what does it mean? Not much. Except, we can be more positive about the economy. I do admit, there are signs that the economy may be getting better - however, not so sure about North Carolina when the state will be holding back paying tax returns. But,

1. I am assisting over 30 individuals search for job opportunities in the Charlotte region. Several have found jobs and there seems to be more openings. That is a good sign even if the jobs are in the financial and computer industries.

2. My seminar this week in Dallas, Tx. has NOT been cancelled. This will be the first seminar held in the past year for my subject: Residential land Development Strategies. I have been a seminar instructor since 1997 - having as many as 12 seminars a year with only a few cancellations over the past 13 years. This is a good sign even if it is in Dallas which has been holding its own in real estate development. The registration fee is still almost $1,400 for a non-ASCE member!

I will not be posting over the next three days while presenting my seminar in Dallas. Next week, my topic will be eminent domain. Have a great week!

No comments: