Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Social Media

A short Social Networking article worth reading.
http://bit.ly/656mhh

I see the benefits and importance of using the various social media networking sites to generate leads and/or establish professional connections during the down economy. As the economy improves, your efforts will provide you with a much quicker recovery by establishing your social networking mode of operations - no matter what your business.

As an example, I only started with LinkedIn late last fall. I started my Land Development Group in late January 2009 and there are now over 1,100 members in the group. My thought was to create the group and hopefully have a few hundred group members. The result only tells me that people with like minds are seeking connections to assist others. My 2010 goals in social media include:
a. continue to promote the Land Development group
b. launch an eAssociation in early 2010
c. generate members for the Charlotte Real Estate subgroup
d. expand followers on Twitter - I think there is potential in this forum- still investigating
e. Facebook - I am not sure about the professional/business applications-keep open mind

To achieve my professional goals in 2010, I will:

Prepare Relentlessly

Live in a state of Gratitude

Invest in Others

No comments: